The October monthly meeting is Wednesday, October 5, 2016, in the Crow’s Nest of HMCS Bytown (the Naval Officers’ Mess).
Save the date! – Fall Informal Dinner
Algonquin College’s Restaurant International, Thursday, November 10, 2016
More details in the next newsletter.
The 2016 Ottawa Branch Golf Tournament netted approximately $9,000. The Branch rounded this up to $10,000 for a donation to the RMC Club Foundation.
Mark your calendars
The 2017 Ottawa Branch Tournament will be held Friday, July 7, 2017, at Greensmere Golf & Country Club.
Ottawa Branch Recognition and Acknowledgements
- John de Chastelain for welcoming Class of ’71 members to Old Brigade;
- Gordon Smith for making the Old Brigade lunch the feature of the September monthly luncheon;
- the Class of ’71 members for their seamless entry into the Old Brigade.
- Jarrott Holtzhauer, Marv Sywyk, and Gus Nelson for their work on the Golf Tournament;
- the Golfers for their financial support to the Ottawa Branch donation to the RMC Foundation;
- the Golf Tournament Sponsors;
- Branch member Mike Roach for his work on the licence plate project, and visiting Ontario Branches at his own expense to ensure the success of the project;
- Digger MacDougall, Bill Mckay, Kim Smith, Brian Eatock, Charles Kaszap and Jim Peverly for keeping the Executive focused;
- Richard Evraire for helping with translations;
- Darin Cowan for creating the new website;
- Beth Webster for the monthly newsletters;
- The Ottawa Branch Exec team for their due diligence in responsible decision making with respect to finances and financial support of Parent Club projects; and
- The Ottawa Branch membership for their support of the Executive Team and the decisions we are making on their behalf.
Ottawa Branch has sponsored Officer Cadet Andréanne Tremblay for $400.
Conference of Defence Associations Institute’s Graduate Student Symposium
At the Royal Military College of Canada Kingston on October 13 and 14, 2016.
Ottawa Branch has provided $2000 to assist Officer Cadet attendance.
If you like to take pictures of Club and Branch events, the newsletter would love to see them. Please forward them to us by e-mail.
See you Wednesday, October 5, 2016, in the Crow’s Nest of HMCS Bytown (the Naval Officers’ Mess).